Going To Walt Disney World
So you've finally decided to take that magical vacation. If you are going to Walt Disney World for the first time here are some helpful tips to make your vacation a trip of a lifetime:
- Make a plan of action ahead of time including what your priorities are.
- Book early into the Walt Disney World resort of your choice so that you are sure your dates are available.
- If you are going during the busy seasons you'll want to get an early store so that you are early in the line ups that can form.
- Mid day is a good time to take a rest. If you stay at one of the Epcot or Magic Kingdom resorts you can easily return to your room for a quick nap or a refreshing dip in the pool to reenergize you.
- Call 90 days before you will be arriving and call prior to 7 AM Orlando time to get priority seating at Cinderella's royal table for breakfast. It will be one of those top things to do on your child's list. You must call on exactly day 90 not day 89 and not day 91, day 90 and before 7 AM or you'll be out of luck and your child will be heartbroken.
- Bring along a light rain poncho for those afternoon showers. Or bring along a heavier rain jacket and rent a locker in the park.
- Use Fastpass Disney to save time. It's offered at all four theme parks and it's ever so handy.
- Set up your dinner reservations and seating prior to your dining day otherwise you'll just get whatever seat is available.
- Give yourself plenty of time to reach the theme park so that you are there before the long lines start to form.
- Have a little spontaneity in your vacation. If something catches your interest and it's not on your daily list, stop and explore it. If you don't, you could miss out on something worth enjoying.
- Realize that children will tire and will need a break. Their feet might hurt, they might get tired. Don't push on when they are tired because no one will have an enjoyable time. You can rent strollers for a reasonable amount which is a great investment for all pre-schoolers.
- Use cell phones or radios as emergency contact should you become separated.
- This is not the time to break in new shoes. Wear shoes that are comfortable and well broken in. Bring two favorite pairs so you can rotate.
The most important thing to do if you are going to Walt Disney World is to slow down and enjoy the magic of the experience. Walt Disney resort has so many wonderful memories to offer but if you're rushing around like you're on a marathon you are going to miss some of the best memories and a lot of the magic.
Check our friends' websites