Walt Disney World Theme Parks
So you've finally decided to head to Walt Disney World theme parks. With so much to see and do you need to be prepared to make sure that you get the most out of your vacation. Here are some terrific tips to make your trip magical and memorable.
- Plan ahead. Know what your priorities and what you don't mind missing. Remember you are not going to see it all the first visit - at least not if you want to enjoy your visit to Walt Disney World theme parks in Orlando FL.
- Rise early, eat a good breakfast, and get to the parks early! During the busy season you can really get ahead - start on taking in a bunch of great rides before half the world even rises and you'll also miss standing in those long lines. Walt Disney World theme parks in Orlando FL are the busiest Disney locations.
- Have a rest mid day to regroup and reenergize. If you stay at Epcot Resort or Magic Kingdom resort you can return to your room mid day and the time to rest in the middle of the day for a nap or dip in the pool. Now that's refreshing!
- During the rainy summer months expect an afternoon shower even if the morning skies look non threatening. The best way to be prepared is to have a thin plastic rain poncho for each family member. They fold nicely into a backpack and you'll be instantly ready for that summer shower. Your other option is to rent a locker onsite and store rain gear in it. Of course by the time you get back to the locker the shower could be over. Onsite stores also sell the cheap thin poncho rain coats.
- Be spontaneous. Just because something isn't on your list of things to do doesn't mean you can't get side tracked if something catches your eye. Be sure to stop and explore - otherwise you could miss something wonderful.
- Realize that your children will become tired and may need a break. Cranky kids are no fun so don't fight it. Give them the break or nap they need.
- If their feet hurt, get them a stroller that you can rent onsite. It doesn't matter if they have outgrown strollers because they save the feet.
- We've all heard the old saying "take time to smell the roses". Well, the same goes here: "take time to feel the magic." Resist the urge to rush through trying to see everything on the first visit. If you do, you'll feel like you were running a marathon. Instead consider returning more often and seeing what you can each trip.
Now that you have some great tips for you trip to the Walt Disney World theme parks you'll feel the magic and take home wonderful memories. This may be your first visit but you'll be back to experience more magic!
Check our friends' websites